Monday, February 18, 2008

Shirtless in Seattle (I know, I know, I couldn't resist)


If you weren't on Tiger Mountain on Sunday, you totally missed a party. Apparently everyone and their mother, and mother-in-law and sisters and brothers and dogs were up there with us. Really, it was a little bit like spring break on Miami Beach, except Seattle-style. (By this I mean people were drinking out of camelbaks instead of beer bongs and chomping down granola bars instead of, well, beer.)

To get into the spirit, Steve decided to take his shirt off, revealing a wide swath of glowing white flesh that hasn't made a debut since we were in Mexico last October. Of course, he was shivering the entire time (it was, after all, 45 degrees) but being the burly mountain man that he is, he suffered through it, although I don't think his milk bottle color reaped any rewards. I'm sure this was excellent Denali training though - getting used to the cold and all.

And to sum it all up, in the words of one Tiger Mountain partier, who was wearing a microbrew shirt and sporting a sizeable beer gut and probably should have been in Florida: "This sure beats taking down Christmas lights."



2 comments:

Jen said...

You know, posting a video of your half-naked husband is just a notch or two away from posting about poo and tampons. Just saying. :)

Darlin' T said...

I almost went to Tiger today! But I ended up going to Lincoln Park around noon for a "hike" which mostly consisted of sitting on driftwood and watching the water. By the time I left the parking lot, it was a zoo. Everyone was out today!