Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Seattle Freeze

Okay, I know this isn't really an outdoor thing, which is my stated focus, but I seriously can't help writing about this, mainly because I think it's probably one of the most random things I've ever heard.

This Saturday, in downtown Seattle, people are going to freeze. Not like of coldness or not like of unfriendliness (which the "Seattle Freeze" is usually a term to describe) but because ... well, I don't know why.

It's being organized by a local group that's imitating Improv Everywhere, whose stated mission is to "cause scenes of chaos and joy in public places." That group pulled a similar stunt in Grand Central Station in New York City and the video is amazing. They've also gotten hundreds of people to get on a subway with no pants on and staged a faux U2 concert on top of a New York building.

I, for one, can't wait to check it out. Anything you can do to screw with people's heads in a good-old-fashioned kind of way sounds great to me.

If you want to freeze, check out this info, but you have to have a Facebook page.

No comments: